June 6th-7th, 2019
Trainers: James Furrow, Ph.D. and Lisa J. Palmer, Psy.D.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
Couples dealing with major trust betrayals is often the most frequent presenting concern in couple therapy. Although a common reason given for divorce, many couples seek treatment to heal their relationship following an affair rather than pursue its end. This training reviews practices and resources that help couples work through the injury of a betrayal and its collateral impact using Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy. This advanced Master Class involves a full-day of didactic training, including examples of couples working through these injuries. The training also provides opportunity for focused case reviews addressing specific questions and treatment issues focused on repairing relationship betrayals commonplace in everyday clinical practice.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Demonstration and discussion of EFT practice based upon clinical cases brought by workshop participants. Our format provides opportunity for moment-to-moment discussions of the EFT process in betrayal repair, as well as experiential exercises that integrate EFT theory and practice.
8:30 am – Registration begins
9:00 am – Training begins
12:00 pm – Lunch break
1:00 pm – Training resumes
*This schedule applies to both days.
EARN WHILE YOU LEARN!
14 Continuing Education Credits available: This program is sponsored by the Tri-Alliant University and qualifies to meet the CE rules for the American Psychological Association, Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, Minnesota Board of Social Work, and the MN Board of Behavioral Health.
Tri-Alliant University maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Participants must be present for the entire presentation and complete the evaluation in order to obtain a CE certificate.
(Note: participants must pay an additional $30 to obtain a CE Certificate; participants holding a psychologist license pay a slightly higher fee of $35).
This workshop provides a practical review of the assessment and treatment of these injuries using the EFT Attachment Injury Resolution Model (AIRM). The workshop will include video and case demonstrations illustrating key moments in the process of Attachment Injury Resolution, and therapist practices necessary for restoring healing and safety to a couple’s relationship after an affair. Participants will be able to:
- Identify the impact of relationship betrayal on a couple relationship
- Identify the impact of relationship betrayal on the process of couple therapy
- Critique partner betrayals and related distress using attachment theory
- Identify factors associated with resilience in face of relationship loss, trauma, and adjustment
- Describe the process and characteristics of recovery from a relationship betrayal
- Conceptualize the treatment of attachment injuries within the EFT process of change
- Review process for disclosure of a relationship betrayal
- Apply EFT interventions that foster stabilization in the context of heightened distress common following disclosure of relationship betrayals
- Practice EFT interventions used in accessing and processing emotional blocks associated with relationship betrayals
- Recommend partner’s access and sharing of pain, loss, and remorse associated related to an attachment injury
- Practice EFT interventions and practices that enable couples to renew trust and re-engage new patterns of security following a relationship injury.
Our training will take place at St. Michael’s Lutheran Church in their Garden Room. Address:
St. Michael’s Lutheran Church
1660 County Road B West,
Roseville, MN, 55113
*Note: lunch will be on your own, and there are plenty of lunch spots within walking distance along Snelling Avenue.
To register, please contact Jen Siladi at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to process your payment via a PayPal link, but arrangements can be made to pay by cash or check.
Note: your spot is not reserved until payment is received. Participants seeking a CE certificate must also provide their license number and license type, and an e-Certificate will be provided upon completion of the program.
You can also register online at https://www.drlisapalmerolsen.com/brokenbondsmn/
Regular ticket – Early Bird available through May 1: $435
Regular Ticket: $485
Add CEUs for $25
For more information and to read about the trainers, please go to https://www.drlisapalmerolsen.com/brokenbondsmn/